A Project Management Office, Abbreviated to PMO, is a group or department within a business, agency or enterprise that defines and maintains standards for Project Management within the organization. The PMO strives to standardize and introduce economies of repetition in the execution of projects.
For most companies the establishment and maintenance of an internal PMO is expensive and at times politically challenging. Our Shared PMO service brings the technical advantages of the PMO to your organization a cost effective and politically benign way.
The Shared PMO services include:
- Project Peer Reviews leveraging the knowledge, experience and expertise, both internal to your organization and as through the Value Services USA Shared PMO Network.
- Lessons Learned Reviews identifying the strong and weak aspects of the project as well as verifying the project goals or performance metrics have been realized.
- Dynamic capability profiles of assets (most importantly people) within the organization.
- Portfolio management of open projects either within a department, regional business unit or company wide.
- A path for anonymous communication through the Shared PMO Office for honest comments or recommendations outside perceived internal company political restraints.
- Business interruption and risk assessments
- Project dashboards reporting against performance metrics
- Archiving under full confidentiality agreements of clients’ lessons learned data
- Professional education training programs both on current standards and practices as well as professional development.